A1 Flues
A1 Flues

News

A1 backs Girls Aloud star on carbon monoxide plea

A1 Flue Systems and our Anglo-Italian sister company A1 Expo are backing Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle’s calls for greater awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning and the simple steps that can be taken to prevent it.

The star has been speaking out after suffering severe carbon monoxide poisoning, and her campaign has been praised because figures from the Department of Health suggest that 50 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning and another 4,000 are treated in hospital.

Our Director TJ Duncan-Moir hopes that the CO Be Alarmed campaign, which features the experiences of the Girls Aloud singer, will act as a wake-up call about the deadly gas, which cannot be seen, smelt or tasted.

“I never thought A1 and Girls Aloud would have something in common, but it seems we are driven by the same purpose: to raise awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning,” TJ said.

“The teams at A1 Flues and particularly A1 Expo, as they supply flue systems for the domestic market, keep hammering home the message about carbon monoxide poisoning and the requirement to use detectors because the finger of blame is often pointed at boilers and flue systems.

“Correctly installed and maintained flues by qualified engineers pose no problems because factors such as ventilation on each installation are always taken into consideration for a safe and certified system.”

The CO Be Alarmed campaign highlights the need to insist that boilers and flues are installed correctly by qualified engineers, to understand the tell-tale signs and to understand the requirements to fit alarms, to make sure all ventilation is unblocked and to service appliances on a regular basis.

 

Picture thanks to The Sun.